Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Big Day


Well, my non existent suitcase is almost packed and ready to roll its way to Quebec with me in tow to take part in a very important and special day for Geoff. His graduation ceremony! My long lost suitcase was one of the few items that got damaged when our forgettable flood happened this past summer. How long it sat down in the basement waiting to be filled and taken to Hawaii or England, and now that it has the chance to actually GO somewhere, and instead it is resting in peace in suitcase heaven. Guess that was a trip of a lifetime!

I would feel like this was actually happening (and feel much more prepared) if I actually had an official bag packed, just waiting on my mom to come up here to rescue me (in more ways than the suitcase!) I have made list after list and started mini piles. If it was the usual me, I would have been packed WEEKS ago in preparation for such excitement. Reality is telling me this is all going to happen fast so I better buckle my seatbelt, but I haven't even gotten in the car yet!

All this chaos will go away in two sleeps when I will finally get to see him!! Hopefully I will be able to sleep! Can we say August 27th to December 1st is too much time apart! I have to say this is one of my life's biggest lessons in patience ever!

 Can't wait to give him the biggest congratulations hug!


No comments:

Post a Comment