Monday, July 25, 2011

Making Money Count

I have a secret. I love coupons. In being a family with a child, a mortgage and bills money doesn't get saved easily. Picture an open window with money swirling into the vast blue sky. When saving money does happen, it is worth the work and organization dedicated to make the process a success (even if it can only be a few dollars to start). Picture me making a mad dash to the window and slamming it to prevent the remaining amount of money to trail off into the sky. I am not qualified to put myself in the same category as the "Extreme Couponers" (while it was impressive, the USA rules are not relevant in Canada so savings get reduced significantly per grocery shop in comparison but saving can still occur.) Not too sure what could possibly use up such a massive number of one product before it expires or maybe I am just licking my wounds that I don't have a massive storage room for anything in this house. At any rate, since our daughter was a baby I began clipping coupons in an effort to minimize the crying (mine) when in came to grocery shop for two adults, a new baby and two dogs..at times sacrificing the wants because of a limited budget. I know we are not the only family struggling with today's price tag of life and everyone needs a plus (besides the total amount due at cashier) whether it be a select few coupons or a handful (me cheering you on), at least it is the start! Amazingly enough I was able to access all my coupons without ever getting a newspaper when this process first began. All of my saving success came (and continues today) with three loved websites :






These 3 websites make it easy for anyone to get coupons (the reason I am sharing the pearls of wisdom) - just sign up for FREE (believe it), choose the coupons you would like to use in a future grocery stock up (no more masses of papers trying to find a few coupons) and click on send me (or claim) the coupons (easy right?!) Then all you need to do is check your mail (worth the wait!) One day among the cell phone and utilities bills you will happily find your chosen coupons ready to take with you on your next saving adventure! Please keep in mind these websites are for use of coupons in Canada only. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment