Monday, August 15, 2011

Halloween...In August

Can you believe I came across this other day while shopping? It is still considered summer (at least to me) so why the mirage of chocolate among the back so school supplies?!


The child in me was thinking:


But the parent in me had to be: 


So with an empty basket, I scooted over a few aisles so the candy wouldn't taunt me.



Maybe I should invest in some horse blinkers to assist in future grocery shopping.

I admit, with such an early dose of Halloween it got me thinking about last year and how I waited to the last painful minute to find a costume for Hannah. I was happy with the end results after spending literally an hour sifting through the meager leftovers at Winners, a day before trick or treating (shame one me.)


It also made me recall a pledge I made myself, while waiting in line to purchase the bat costume (a package with a tutu, a bat eared headband, wings and a wand - black shirt and pants not included.) I vowed to be on top of the Halloween rush next year to avoid another meltdown. So, thanks to a little boost from the candy aisle (in August) I started to brainstorm some ideas for this year's Halloween's deck out.

With sheepish admittance, I have bought Hannah's Halloween costume for this year and I'm not going to tell you what it is (yet.)


Pledge and vow honoured. Success for me being (stupidly) on top of the rush this year, Halloween melt down averted! 

The only melting for us, will be from chocolate!









No comments:

Post a Comment