Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Farmers Market Kind Of Day

What a lovely day to go and explore the local Farmers Market. Geoff leaves a week today, so going to the farmers market seemed like the perfect "last Saturday together as a family for awhile kind of day." 


It is one place that will be on our "miss list" when the day comes that we are transferred to another city. Hopefully the new city will offer us the same indulgence!


Vendors from all over town take over an entire parking lot, offering everything and anything you can imagine (or not imagine).


For carb lovers, this bus is one of many vendors offering cookies, loaves of bread and buns (if your too late - they have nothing left.)


A nice way to cool off from the shopping..homemade fresh smoothies!


Neat handmade arts and crafts are also a big part of the market!


One of my all time favourite things there, are the colourful bunches of wild flowers. I have never succumb to my temptation, I just admire them where they are, scattered among the vendors.


If your the type to love local fresh produce, this is the place I tell you! So many fruit and vegetables to fill your fridge, not for the faint of heart!


A girls dream come true, so many jewelry vendors to shop through. If you have the time, you sure can find some unique pieces.


Thank you Geoff, for your patience, I actually started (cough) Christmas shopping! I have done it at the market in the past with success - so I made another attempt! I did come home with a few extra bags, so now I have to get good hiding spots this year.. In our old place, I used to hide all of Geoff's presents in the garage in old boxes - he never figured those out! Now being in this house, hiding anything is a challenge! And now with a 2 year old in the picture..the challenge grows!











No comments:

Post a Comment