Wednesday, August 24, 2011

You Say Tomatoes, I Say Tamatas


You must think I am bored out of my brains to be blogging about tomatoes, but in true fact, we have been so busy! With a few days to go, we have been hard at work cutting back trees and man is it a workout! I should have taken before and after photos (of the trees - not my arms.)
New at blogging me is figuring there are many things to write about and in a matter of time I will photograph everything so I don't skip past any major stories!
The reason I am blogging about tomatoes is because Geoff and I are both in shock that these two bowls of tomatoes came from our backyard garden (there are even more to pick!!) The garden is stocked full of tomatoes, and they just keep coming. A steady diet of tomatoes is on the agenda. For some (still trying to figure it out) reason, Geoff loves to grow tomatoes. It is obvious they are an easy plant to maintain and you sure get the benefits, but ours somehow seem to be on steroids!


They go from this...


To this overnight!

I am sure we will turn Italian with all the pasta and tomato sauce! Making our own tomato sauce seems to be my only solution to the never ending supply of tomatoes and then it can be stored in the freezer for the next few months. Eating tomato sandwiches and putting them in salads can only be done so many times. It will be a cooking experiment I will be sure to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment