Thursday, November 10, 2011

Graduation Is Near



Geoff's graduation from the Royal Military College, Saint-Jean Quebec is just around the corner. I don't think I could be any more proud of my husband for all of his hard work and dedication. As a family, we are all excited for the unknown and new path of life ahead of us. First, we have to wait until the Christmas holidays have passed (which we don't want to rush!)  And of course the part two of his career training (which means another goodbye).

This graduation has been 12 weeks in the making and is only earned through passing all that is required of each recruit. Geoff grew up being familiar with the military way of life. I, on the other hand, had no idea what this way of life would mean. To enlighten me, my thoughtful husband introduced me to the world of basic military training through YouTube. We spent countless evenings on YouTube watching "Basic Up Reloaded." The series follow the lives of new recruits as they venture from start to finish though  military training at Saint-Jean Quebec's Royal Military College. Each episode gave me a greater understanding of where those long 12 weeks would take Geoff and enabled me to see the college's facilities and where he would be spending his time. I have to admit my favourite episode is this one:

http://youtu.be/CRfPk1gfe6o

This is what the 12 weeks build up to! These men have worked themselves into new men, been transformed in countless ways that will be with them for the rest of their lives.

Pack a box of Kleenex...check!

No comments:

Post a Comment