Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Be The Positive


I got an email today! I get many emails but this one is a "proved me wrong" email. Yes, I admit it. Sometimes I am wrong, and I am not ashamed to yell it out (or blog about it!) 

This email is relevant to my previous post in which I wondered what big name corporation would dust off a few minutes in their bored day to send me anything. I ended up getting some attention of the email variety. My efforts thus far have not been in vain! Oh, the small things in life that thrill me to pieces..

My wee note was to SC Johnson raving about saran, ziploc, drano, windex and shout. It was truthful and from the heart, I love storage and cleaning. No joke.

The frame worthy response to my email went like this. 

Kate, 
Thanks for getting in touch - emails like yours are favourites here at SC Johnson. It's ever humbling and always rewarding to hear our products have a preferred place in your home. I made sure to forward your comments to the rest of my team so they too may know their efforts and appreciated. Your words echo back to us that we continue on the right path - delighting loyal consumers like you with go to products you can trust.  At SC Johnson, we are dedicated to creating products that make your life easier and keep your home clean and beautiful. Realizing it is consumers like you who have help build our business, we sincerely appreciate hearing from you. Again, thank you for writing your words mean more than you can know. 
Best regards Lisa (Consumer Relationship Center).

I first set out in this experiment to see what I could get for flinging emails to the companies of products I use to scrub the sinks and wash my hair. The excitement wool got pulled over my eyes of what I could get out of it, not fully considering what the companies would take from them. The project has become more than just about coupons. With one returned email, I have learned a lesson. These companies DO care about the consumer and appreciate the pat on the back they deserve. Making someones day is good enough, and is better than any coupon. 

I will slowly continue to work through getting in touch with more distribution companies with hopes I can give more of what I seem to have given to SC Johnson. Every company gets its fill of negative feedback, probably more often than the positive. Be the positive in their day. 


1 comment:

  1. You should be proud that you illicted such a comprehensive responsive from a big corporation - keep going with this:)

    ReplyDelete