Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Coupon Experiment


With the effort of an email, some companies will happily send you coupons? I was surprised (and skeptical) at such a notion. These big corporations have much more important tasks at hand than mailing little me savings! I have been hearing and reading about this happening, and though why not try? 

More of a fun experiment than seriousness, if all I need is to send a short feedback memo to respective companies and they do the rest, count me in! To enable this not take a full day, I chose to send out a few emails per day/or week. You win some, you lose some. I have no expectations, just curiosity. 

The list is easy to build as we consume these products every day. We chose them to sit on our shelves. We use them to nourish ourselves and children, we clean ourselves and our homes with them. We know their names. Its who distributes them that is the key. 

Making use of the internet, the magic of finding out who distributes what is revealed, and the emailing can begin. All companies have their official website which are easy to navigate with one primary ingredient. Click on the 'contact us" wherever it may be on the site. Be prepared to fork over some information  such as name, phone number, email etc.

Now comes the truth telling. Love them or hate them, email them to let them know what you think! Take my first attempt as a rough example. One corporation of my choice was :


We have them scattered all over the place in this house. My message was short and to the point. I am sure mine will change or improve with each one I send, I needed something to step off of!

Hello! I just wanted to comment to you on how regularly I use your cleaning products (windex, drano, and shout) and food storage solutions (saran and ziplock). In a house with two adults, two dogs and a three year old, you can imagine my gratitude for all your products provide for our home. Great work! Wishing you a great weekend. Kate

Now we just wait to see if this turns into a fly or flop. Will keep you posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment