Monday, April 2, 2012

April Fools Fail


I know..it was yesterday! I didn't get a chance to post this last night - so if you missed a day to pull pranks..I  give you permission to have an extra day for my late posting (just don't tell anyone).

Over the years, I have had my share of fun on April 1st. This year, nothing was popping up into my brain in enough time for action. In searching, I admit there were a few that were close to the "heck ya, I want to try that one! Geoff will kill me! But reality set in..

Do I really want to sprinkle flour/powder on our ceiling fans while they are turned off, for Geoff to turn them on and get snowed on? I'm not taking a chance since I would probably be the one finding powder months later behind furniture! I would LOVE to stick a chicken bullion cube in the shower head..but that just seems crazy!! Food dye in the soap would totally have been a green light - but I didn't want Geoff to get in trouble at work because his hands are covered in pink dye that didn't wash off. Note to Geoff: Your welcome! 

Nothing seemed to be innocent enough..even though April Fools is meant to be a day were anything goes with no limits!! I was just about to let the day pass with no "got you! April fool's!" Until linner (lunch and dinner - it was that kind of day). We were about to sit down for soup and grilled cheese sandwiches (like I said..that kind of day) when brilliant hit me! 

Geoff had made himself and Hannah grilled cheese/ham sandwiches and was cooking me a plain grilled cheese sandwich because I am a vegetarian (and have been for 18 years). Hannah was already scarfing down her meal, pulling the ham out to eat - still leaving her grilled cheese intact..I couldn't resist the opportunity! As soon as Geoff took a seat at the table, I snatched Hannah's now ham-less grilled cheese and took a big bite in front of him..the look on his face was priceless..until he exclaimed..I saw her slam down the ham..it was just a plain grilled cheese sandwich. Sigh..an April Fool's Fail.      

No comments:

Post a Comment