Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Countdown Calendar

With a couple of busy days under my belt, I am ready for some quiet time..It does happen on occasions , but those occasions are if Hannah chooses sleeping over books at nap time and when it is after 8pm (again if she chooses sleep)..thank goodness my mom was here for the weekend for some sanity and help.

Geoff left Saturday on an early morning flight with a big bag and a smile on his face..my face was shall we say opposite? Since his arrival in Quebec, he has been busy but surviving the major life style change! And same on my end with the busy part and major life style change! A few days in, and here is me with some wood and a saw, mowing the lawn and making dinner all this being in one day! We are in 4 days of the..lots of days into this adventure..

Hannah has been a little bit confused with daddy's car in the driveway with no daddy at home. Before he left, he recorded some videos on the computer. Randomly she will ask to "see TV daddy," and I can choose one for her to watch. I keep telling her he is in Montreal and having fun and working hard and she seems to like that answer. To add to her contentment (lucky streak maybe?) we created a Daddy's Coming Home Countdown Calendar!


I printed off a blank calendar template and added in the details myself (year, month, day of week and date) for all the months he will be gone for Hannah.


Then we went downtown and bought her first set of (amazing) markers! Thank you Crayola! They are specifically crafted for toddler artists. There are no caps to lose, fun animal shapes that won't roll off the table and contain washable ink! A mothers dream come true!


It took her a moment to figure out their purpose but once she got the hang of it...


And with a little help from some new stickers..


We have our first month masterpiece taped to the wall..


It hangs right above her colouring and mealtime corner so she can see it to count the days and cross them off until Daddy's returns home.




I paper clipped the other months to our calendar, keeping them handy for the much anticipated month change over that will (hopefully) be in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment